Monday, June 4, 2012

Starting the week off right.

Living in South Florida has some serious perks. The best is the ability to sit on the beach with your closet friends enjoying delicious (cheap!) food and drinks. My friends and I take advantage of the low season in our area to enjoy the best restaurants at lower prices. Plus, we have a go to happy hour with ridiculous prices.  Here are some of my tips for getting the best deals on high-end "experiences."

- Obviously people use Groupon, Living Social, and the myriad of discount websites, but there are tons of other less-known sites.  Rue La La, One Kings Lane, and a bunch of others are out there. 
- Join reward programs. Kimton InTouch is one of my favorites. They have the best deals for your birthday month!
- Think outside the box.  When I am in Spain later this month, I am going to be staying with a "host family" of sorts.  I found an apartment through Airbnb and hotels in the same neighborhood go for $200+ a night. I get a room with wifi, laundry and kitchen access, plus people who know the ins and outs of the city for $40!

I'll keep adding to this list as I remember them. These were just the first ones that popped into my head tonight!

Hope you had a great weekend!

a

Fun Fact  - many European and South American countries start their calendars with Monday. In my Spanish classroom, I do this and let me tell you it seriously confuses my students for the first few weeks. Ahhh the joys of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment