Saturday, June 16, 2012

My First Summer

This is my first real "teacher summer" and I'm loving it! Yes, I have been a teacher for a few years, but I had school full-time during two of them and then the third I started a job a week after school ended. Last summer I was working, moving cross-country (I was in 14 states in the span on three weeks), and volunteering. Needless to say, I am so happy about this summer.

Today was an incredibly productive day. I started the process of cleaning my entire apartment which included doing about 6 loads of laundry(mostly sheets), organizing all my important papers, and cleaning out the fridge. I also got a great workout in and made these homemade pretzels. They make me super excited for Couponing & Cooking's Bread Challenge!

It's probably a good thing I will be gone for most of the summer because I'm not sure I could keep going at this pace! Here is what was happening in my kitchen tonight.

Easy ingredients.

The trusty KitchenAid I have had since I was 13.

I need to start using the dough hook more frequently!

I was patient enough to let it rise.

The people at Auntie Anne's make it look so easy.

Some are obese. Others skinny.

Don't worry about the espresso maker parts - I was multitasking.

The recipe called for an egg wash, but I didn't have an egg so they aren't super shiny. They are however, super delicious. This recipe yields 8 LARGE pretzels, but I opted to do things my way and make 11.
I made a few of them into cinnamon-sugar pretzels and they are happily living in my belly.

What should I make tomorrow?

a




1 comment:

  1. Just today I was coveting homemade pretzels on Pinterest! Now I want to make some. Good thing its way too late at night to start baking!

    ReplyDelete