Monday, June 25, 2012

Goodbye, Vespa

So in the midst of leaving for my grand adventure and moving apartments, I also decided to sell my Vespa.  Today I sold it to a lovely woman and I'm sure she will give it a nice home, but I'm sad. I didn't think to prepare myself emotionally to let go of my baby. Yup, I cried after they drove away :(

See this Vespa represented a lot. It was my first big girl purchase and first act of rebellion....sorry, Mom. And it was purchased because an ex-boyfriend said he would never "let" me ride a motorcycle. Welp, I showed him. Nobody tells me what I can and can't do. SoI bought one. Granted it's not a Harley or anything, but still.

I loved riding this thing. It made me smile and the fact that I had a matching helmet just made my day. This little Vespa moved with me from St. Louis to Austin to Fort Pierce and now it's gone. It's for the best and could not have come at a more appropriate time, but I'm going to wallow for a few more days.

Thankfully, I kept my seafoam green helmet to get me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment