Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Gypsy Daughter

My mom calls me her gypsy daughter, never in one place for too long and always planning the next adventure. Granted after My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding came out the nickname became slightly less capricious and whimsical and more...well gaudier. Nonetheless, I still have a wandering soul.
I am embarking on the beginning of my gypsy adventure in just a few short days and thought I would start sharing a little about each of the stops along the way so that you have an idea of why I’m going to such a strange mix of locations.
This week I will be headed to St. Pete (only 3 hours away) to take a group of 20 students to the Salvador Dalí Museum and to lunch.  The museum holds the largest collection of the artist’s work outside of Europe and I have been dying to go!
Friday I’ll be flying to the Bahamas to set up and help chaperone a local Youth on Mission trip. We will be working with an organization called Every Child Counts. I started doing various mission trips as a freshman in high school and just never stopped :) 
The third stop is Notre Dame.  I received a grant to go back to my alma mater for a unit planning conference. I received my M.Ed. there through an amazing program called ACE. Check it out if you're curious. You'll probably hear me refer to at at least a dozen more times. This month.
Then I get to come back to Florida for a whole week before driving 8 different high schoolers to a youth conference. Ever heard of Steubenville? 

Three days later and it's off to Spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And France!!!!!!!!!!
Since this post is getting quite wordy, I'll save those two for another day. 
a
Fun Fact - In the past 4 years, I have lived in 4 states, moved 6 times, and STILL have a Missouri license. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment