Sunday, August 5, 2012

Gratitudes

It's hard to believe I have been back in the States for over a week. Life moves so quickly and we rarely stop to think about it.

If you read this post, you "heard" me mention a book about the Amish. I don't mean to sound self-helpy, but this book had a lot of really nice insights. Specifically, about how the Amish live their lives. They are not always looking for something out there, but rather live in the daily mastery of whatever is going on at the moment. I tend to fall in to the category of looking for the next great thing.

As the school year is quickly approaches, I'm getting nervous and excited about all that it holds. Will I be able to focus on the daily tasks? I'm teaching an additional class, moderating another club, coaching and working on that cryptic thing I talked about a few days ago, not to mention my normal commitments of Advocates, Youth Group, working out and some semblance of a social life. I am going to be way busy, especially for the first semester and I imagine stressed and frequently overwhelmed. But, I don't want to lose sight of my goals. I said yes to all of these commitments because they mean something to me!

In order to keep me a little more centered, I have decided to keep a Gratitude Journal. It will be a separate page on this site and I will jot down something I'm thankful for every day. Feel free to add what you are thankful for in the comments section. Some days I might have hard time coming up with things, so bear with me if you see "my morning latte" six days in a row.

a

No comments:

Post a Comment