Friday, August 10, 2012

Bakcrastination

I have a problem. It's not that I procrastinate...well that's a problem too, but rather what I do to fill the time when I should be doing something else. I bake. Or cook. Or coupon and make lists of things I need to make this or that. Lately I've been on a mug cake kick.

It started about 15 years ago when I went down to Ethel's house every day to visit her granddaughter and watch (then) forbidden MTV. Ethe,l at sixty something years, was totally ahead of her time. She made us individual cakes in bowls in the microwave way back then. She would spoon out some cake mix, a little egg, some oil and water without measuring anything and pop int in the microwave. Out came the most delicious chocolate cake I have ever had. She then proceeded to make a quick glaze and voila! This was back when I hated chocolate. It was so good I still ate it. Ethel never called it a "mug cake," or a "bowl cake" for that matter.

Back to the matter at hand - I have been making mug cakes the past few nights. Like this one and  this one.  I'm sure I'll make another one tonight. It probably has something to do with my to do list that just keeps getting longer! Or the fact that I keep spending too many hours not doing items on said to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment