Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Things

1. I love being home. Florida has some nice sunsets, but to me seeing the sun set over a field of corn after a day at Sheridan is pure bliss.

2. My little brother is going to be a junior in high school - I cannot believe it!

3. Post-Europe mani/pedi was everything I hope for and more. This also may have been the best pedicure I have ever had in my life. Sorry, Lilly Nails.

4. To all my swimmer friends, Sheridan Swim Club is so amazingly different than when we basically lived there.

5. I have given up white flour for a variety of reasons. In my search for good recipes, I found this awesome site - Dashing Dish. I'm about to make their Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins for my glutard brother.

6. Mom has been doing research on the Amish for a school thing and I read one of her books on the way home. Plain and Simple by Sue Bender was a very enlightening, easy read about an "English" woman's experience living with an Amish family. I highly recommend it.

7. Seriously missed blogging with regularity. It feels good to get back into it. I read a very apropos thought in the book I mentioned above. It said, "Writing taught me to believe in something and to continue to believe in it, even when a part of me didn't believe. 'STOP THIS,' my demons roared. 'You are wasting your time. You should be doing something useful.' A thousand hurrahs for that kind of wasting time." I 100% agree.

8. Tonight I made a massive plate of grilled vegetables, spinach salad, and a mountain of hominy. I am truly my mother's daughter. If you don't know what hominy is, you're missing out!

9. Ummm tomorrow is the first day of August?!?

10. I have a little something in the works, check back with me in about 3 months to see how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment