If I believed in past lives I would say that I was Greek in a past life. Or maybe I'll blanket statement it and say I was Mediterranean. I've been cooking up a storm since I have been back in Florida and my most favorite thing so far has been a Pinterest-inspired Greekish quinoa salad (yes, that was an alternate title for this post). I don't really have a recipe per say so just go with it.
1. Cook some quinoa, maybe a cup.
2. Chop up a boatload of veggies. For me this was a cucumber with the seeds removed, two giant roasted red peppers, one (or two?) bell peppers, and half of a small red onion.
3. Get your hands of some fresh dill then use whatever method you want to cut it. I prefer the snip with scissors method. I snipped about a palm full. Note - I have sizable palms. I also love dill.
4. In a small bowl, combine dill with a few tablespoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and some red wine vinegar if you have it.
5. Mix quinoa with veggies.
6. Dress with dill/evoo mixture.
7. Stir in some feta. You'll try to use only half of the container , but in reality you'll want to use the whole thing. Dump the whole thing in there.
8. Try not to eat the whole container in one sitting.
I ate this salad warm and cold. It was good both ways. I also served it on a bed of spinach. Can you tell how much I love vegetables? I also yelled "Opa!" after I ate it. And broke my plate. Ok...not really. You caught me.
This makes about six or seven Pinterest things I've done this week. How did my past-life selves survive without it?