Monday, July 23, 2012

Malaga

I know I know, I still haven't written more about Barcelona or Granada or Sevilla for that matter and now here I am moving on to Malaga! I'll get there I promise. I'm just trying to keep you on your toes. Anyway, if we are Facebook friends (and if we aren't and you are reading my blog,  who are you?!?) you saw my status about unplanned days.  Let me tell you yesterday was a great unplanned day.

I slept until noon. Check on the Spanish bingo!
Just a little proof that this is the time I got out of my bed.
I didn't really have any plans for the day so I wandered around and found the Cathedral.
Got a shot of the busy shopping street before people were out in full force. And before the cruise ships arrived.
Found a massive hill to hike (in loafers). Then stumbled upon a castle and the best views in the city.  As luck would have it, after 2pm on Sundays it's free!
I thought this view was pretty good, but I was only halfway there!
Part of the Castle
From the top!
Malaga Harbour
Since I was a hot, sweaty mess, walking along the beach sounded like a great idea.  As luck would have it, I ran into the two Guatemalan girls I met the day before.  I will explain more on that later. They had just bought tickets for a boat ride. It was a special one that would be following a procession so I ran and bought my ticket, changed out of my sweaty impromptu hiking clothes and met them for one of the coolest experiences. Again, I'll elaborate more in another post, but here are a few pics to wet your whistle. Or do you used "whet" here?


P.S. I'm in the Barcelona airport waiting six hours for my next flight. Pray for me!

a

No comments:

Post a Comment