Thursday, July 12, 2012

Taize 1

The journey was long and included a panic attack, going far too long without food, a very comforting sandwich fromage, and two 3€ Diet Cokes. The panic attack was caused by almost missing my train to Macon from Lyon because none of the machines were working.  I got on the train sans ticket per the barely English-speaking helper and proceeded to spend the next 30 minutes freaking out about how I would explain in a language I don't speak. Luckily, they never asked.

After a flight, tram ride, and train ride, I still had a short bus ride to get to Taizé. This was the highlight of the journey for its amazingly picturesque views.



Upon arrival, I was "welcomed" before dropping off my stuff in the room I would staying in for Saturday night only. We then proceeded to the special Saturday evening prayer.  [Thursday through Sunday of every week are meant to represent the Triduum.] It included a candle light ritual that was extremely touching. I forgot to mention that it started pouring and hailing as soon as I left my room for church. HAIL! I'm 97% sure my trip is cursed.

After the service, I went back to the book I shared with 2 Slovenians, 1 Hungarian, 2 Germans, and a Russian. The Slovenians were only 16 & 17 years old and thought my life was the coolest. HA!


Stay tuned for the next installment!

No comments:

Post a Comment