Monday, December 30, 2013

Even numbered years tend to be superior.

We are just days away from 2014 and I am fairly confident that it's going to be a lot better than 2013. I'm not overly superstitious, but my family has a thing for multiples of seven. Us "kids" even have birthdays on the 7th, 14th, and 21st. It makes me excited to see what this year has in store.

I've been thinking about what I want to accomplish and truly believe that when you write your goals down, you are much more likely to succeed.  I read this article by Mackenzie Newcomb and have stolen a few (denoted by a star) in addition to some of my own.

1.   Pursue some sort of Health or Wellness certification.
2.   Successfully complete a food challenge. (Probably this one.)
3. *Leave the country. (I might scale this down and just do a trip to somewhere I have been dying to go in the US.)
4. *Cross something off your bucket list. (Working on #31! February 16th A1A Half)
5.  Meal Prep Sunday - wash, chop, and cook as much as I can for the week for real meals.
6. *Stop beating yourself up for skipping the gym on days you truly didn't have time. But also, stop skipping the gym on days you had plenty of time to go.
7.  Stick to a budget.
8. *Stop caring about how many people "like" your Instagram photos...social media anxiety is a waste of time.
9.  Make more regular visits to the Farmer's Market.
10.*If you think somebody is cute, say "hi" and introduce yourself.

I'm also working on a few other things, but I'm going to keep them just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment